College of DuPage offers a variety of Learning Community classes to students. Learning Communities combine two or more classes linked by a common topic, enabling the student to learn from other students and faculty members in one setting.
Learning Communities Articles
- "'What are learning communities?' and other Frequently Asked Questions," Learning
Communities National Resource Center, Washington Center, Evergreen State College
This primer on the what, why and how of learning communities includes brief answers to frequently asked questions, online resources, institutional examples, and recommendations for further reading.
- Learning Communities: What Does the Research State?
Teach a Learning Community
Please download the documents below or contact James Allen at (630) 942-3421 for more information.
- Guidelines for Teaching Learning Communities
- Learning Community Proposal Form
- Guidelines for Completing Learning Community Proposal Form
- Fall/Spring Scheduling Template
- Summer Scheduling Template