students in class

Appeals Information

College of DuPage provides several appeal processes for students who have been disrupted by hardship, a medical condition or another extenuating circumstance that would potentially result in a refund or late withdrawal from a course by request of the student.

In order to request a refund or a late withdrawal, you must meet certain guidelines and submit specific documentation according to your appeal. 

A Late Withdrawal Appeal can be filed within the specified timeframe outlined in the Enrollment Calendar. Late Withdrawal Appeal enables a student to request approval after their last day to withdraw. 

  • Documentation of hardship is required in order to qualify for a late withdraw. Your documentation will be reviewed by the Late Withdrawal Committee.
  • If your withdrawal is approved, you will be withdrawn from your requested courses, no refund will be issued and a W will be displayed on your transcript. 

You are expected to continue pursuing your courses after submitting your request and until a final decision is made and you have been informed of your request.

Complete the Late Withdrawal Appeal Form

A Tuition Appeal can be filed during a student’s current term or two terms prior only. Students must withdraw from the course prior to completing the Tuition Appeal form.

  • A Tuition Appeal can be filed for any circumstances outside of a medical reason.
  • Documentation of hardship is required in order to qualify for a Tuition Appeal. Your documentation will be reviewed by the Tuition Appeal Committee within four to six weeks. 
  • If your appeal is approved, you may be granted a full or partial tuition refund.

Complete the Tuition Appeal Form

If a medical situation has interrupted a student’s ability to engage in classes, there may be options available through the Center for Access and Accommodations for resources and assistance to help a student to complete classes.

If you would like to better understand if additional options outside of or in addition to a Medical Appeal apply to your situation, contact the Access and Accommodations team and choose option four on the form. 

Contact Access and Accommodations

If you do not wish to connect with Access and Accommodations, complete the Medical Appeal form and secondary form for physician documentation.

Complete the Medical Appeal Form