two students working together on classwork

Proof of Prerequisite

A prerequisite is a required course or other enrollment criteria that must be satisfied prior to registration. In order to register, you must complete or show proof that you have completed course prerequisites.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you've taken the prerequisite course at another college, contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2260 or to review your options for submitting proof. 

  • Register for the prerequisite course.
  • If you have not taken the prerequisite course, register for an alternate course.
  • Previous chemistry coursework from high school may be accepted for prerequisite purposes. Send your transcript to the Office of Student Records for review prior to registration.
  • Contact the Testing Center for information on placement testing.

As long as all course prerequisite requirements are met, you will be allowed to register based on your current course enrollment.

At the end of the term, after grades are posted, your record will be automatically checked to verify that you have met the minimum grade criteria. If you have not met the criteria, you will be dropped from the course.

Contact the Office of Student Records for specific instructions at (630) 942-2260 or

Coursework from other universities can be verified for prerequisites. Contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2260 or email to review your options for submitting proof.

Yes articulated credit, CLEP, credit by proficiency or advanced placement are all types of credit are considered by the Office of Student Records.

Depending on your score, you may meet reading, writing, or some math prerequisites. Send a copy of your score report to the Testing Center.If your high school posts SAT or ACT scores on transcripts, have your official high school transcript sent to the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2260 or email

A qualifying unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.60 on a 4.00 scale (3.25 on a 5.00 scale) may meet college-level reading and writing prerequisites.

Send your high school transcript (7th or 8th semester) to the Office of Student Records at at (630) 942-2260 or email Some exclusions apply.

Students who present special circumstances (for example, extensive work experience) at the point of registration will be referred to the appropriate academic division office and subsequently referred to a faculty member where necessary.

The system can handle both quarter and semester courses.

Contact Information

Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150

Regular Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-2260

Email contacts:
Student Records:
Official COD Transcripts:
Transcript Evaluation:
High School Transcripts:

Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email