students working on laptops

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer of Credit allows students to earn an associate degree from COD by transferring credit back from the college or university where they transferred. Students who move to another institution before earning a degree at COD may be able to transfer back the credits they earned to satisfy their remaining associate degree requirements.

Benefits of Completing an Associate Degree 

  • Demonstrates a marketable credential on your resume
  • Increases your internship and employment opportunities
  • Highlights your academic skillset and scholastic achievements
  • Showcases your ability to plan, persevere, and achieve your goals

Who Can Participate

Students must fulfill the degree residency requirement at College of DuPage, completing at least 20 college level credits towards an associate degree at COD.

Cost to Participate

The college or university you transferred to normally will charge a transcript fee to send an official transcript back to College of DuPage. Some institutions provide free transcripts for the sole purpose of reverse transfer of credit. You may find out more information at the Office of the Registrar from the college where you are making the transcript request.

How to Begin

Submit official transcripts from all institutions you have attended outside of College of DuPage to the Office of Student Records at for a transfer credit evaluation.

If you are unsure if you qualify or if you have any general questions, email before submitting your official documents.            

Contact Information

Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150

Regular Hours
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-2260

Email contacts:
Student Records:
Official COD Transcripts:
Transcript Evaluation:
High School Transcripts:

Individuals who need language assistance, call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email