The Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) advisors provide guidance that helps start, grow and manage successful and sustainable small businesses. Expertise includes:
- Ideation and business planning: From shaping your business idea to proof of concept to the basic steps of starting, we can get you ready.
- Startup and existing business: Our advisors assist for-profit businesses with less than 500 employees, from pre-startups to existing businesses, and at all lifecycle phases.
- Business financials, including funding: Whether self-funding or seeking funding options, we provide financial analysis, help you understand cash flow, and offer resources for writing a plan and developing financial projections.
- Operations and management: We offer you a sounding board plus the resources to help you think through product sourcing, sales processes, legal matters, taxes, human resources, technology, and more.
- Marketing, sales, and technology: Are you sending the right message to the right target via the right channel? Whether refining your sales pitch or website presence, we can help.
- Growth strategies: Should you increase market penetration, test alternative channels, focus on market segmentation, foster partnerships, or expand your existing customer base? Become a client and get FREE guidance.
Our training and advising is available for new and existing businesses. Our grant funding requires that your register your business (or your business idea) with us.
Business Development Center
Illinois Small Business Development Center
535 Duane Street, Office 233
Glen Ellyn IL 60137
Ute Westphal, Program Manager
Phone: (630) 942-2630
Fax: (630) 942-2606
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer hours: closed on Friday
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA or DCEO.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Jean Lin, 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137, (630) 942-2600.