Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance Schedule
Services are currently available online only. Online assistance options are listed below. No face-to-face sessions are being held.
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance Online Services
- Live Online Assistance
- Online appointments instructions or video
- One-on-one Virtual ELA Conversation Appointments
- Email Coaching
- Videos to improve your skills in writing, reading, speech, study skills, etc.
- Writing Resources: APA/MLA formatting and more
- ELA/ELS Services
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance Services
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance (WRSA) offers coaching sessions for College of DuPage students who are working on assignments in any academic discipline. We help students develop and to strengthen writing, reading, and presentation skills and strategies which will enable them to work more independently.
One-to-one assistance is available either online or by email at the Learning Commons (SRC 2102 or TEC 1016B) on the Glen Ellyn campus. Our coaches are both peer tutors and part-time faculty. You can schedule appointments at cod.mywconline.com or call (630) 942-3355.
For the latest Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance (WRSA) news and upcoming events follow @CODWRAA on Facebook.
We Can Help
- Review the assignment
- Brainstorm to explore the subject
- Narrow a topic and develop a thesis
- Write clearly
- Develop their papers with details, examples, and other rhetorical devices
- Organize their ideas logically
- Identify grammatical error patterns and offer ways to self-correct them
- Self-identify methods and strategies for revising
- Develop scholarship essays
- Develop transfer essays and personal statements
- Complete Financial Aid Appeal Letters
- Develop strategies to increase the ease and speed at which they read
- Develop and implement strategies for improving reading comprehension
- Enhance overall learning absorption and reading enjoyment
- Select and narrow a topic
- Create an outline
- Research and cite sources
- Rehearse individual and group presentations
- Record presentations in the speech studio
- Practice speaking English
- Learn new vocabulary words
- Find resources for grammar
- Study idioms
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance (WRSA) achieved certification from the National Association of Communication Centers, an organization devoted to the support of communication centers on college and university campuses across the country, sponsored by the National Communication Association. This achievement makes WRSA one of only 17 certified communication centers in the country! The certification is based on a review of the rigorous training program WRSA coaches receive to provide support to COD students and staff. View NACC Certificate .
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960