March 16 to March 27: Services will be available online only. Online assistance options are listed below. No face-to-face sessions will be held.
March 28 to April 5: Only tutoring using the Ask a Peer Tutor form will be available during spring break.
April 6 to 19: Services will be available online only. Online assistance options are listed below. No face-to-face sessions will be held.
Online Tutoring Services Assistance:
- Live Online Assistance via Blackboard Collaborate 5 days a week for a variety of courses: Accounting, Math, Anatomy, CIS, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Spanish, ELA, Philosophy, Study Skills and more!
- Assistance for any course via the Ask a Peer Tutor online form
- Student Success Resources
- Free to eligible students
- Available for a variety of COD courses including, but not limited to, Accounting,
Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, English Language Acquisition, Foreign Languages,
Mathematics, Music, Physics, and Spanish. View the complete list of courses with tutoring.
- Intended to supplement, not replace, class attendance and personal study time.
- Help clarify points from lectures, labs, discussions or assigned readings.
- Act as facilitators for student learning.
- Will not write papers, do homework or complete other assignments for students.
Note: Students who would like to make an appointment should fill out the online Tutoring Services Request Form or submit it to the Tutoring Services Desk. Please use Firefox or Google Chrome browsers only. Internet Explorer will not work.
- 50-minute appointments accommodate up to three students
- No appointment needed for Drop-in tutoring
For more information on tutoring, call (630) 942-3686, or stop by the Learning Commons, SRC 2102. Tutoring Area staff members will help you determine which services best meet your needs.
Interested in becoming a peer tutor?
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance