Math Assistance Schedule
Services are available online only during the following times:
July 24 to August 23*
- Monday to Friday: Assistance only through email/voicemail
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
* Closed July 24, July 31 and August 7.
August 24 to December 17*
- Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.
* Closed September 5 - 7, October 16, November 3 and 25 - 29.
Online Math Assistance
Online assistance options are listed below:
- Live Online Assistance using Google Hangouts. - Google Hangouts Instructions
- Email Assistance via the Ask a Math, Physics, or Chemistry Question online form
- Weekly Q&A sessions via Zoom for many math, physics, and chemistry courses
- Self-guided assistance using DIY Reviews
- Use Help Me Now to request assistance immediately or later in the day via Hangouts, Zoom, email, or phone
Math Assistance Services
The Math Assistance Area (MAA) is a resource center for students enrolled in any COD classroom or online math course through Math 2232 or physics course through Physics 2112. Assistance for Math 2233 - 2270, Physics 2115, CIS 1400, and CIS 2485, and Chemistry courses through 1552 (except 1212) is available during some hours. Contact us for more information and for the hours when help for these courses is available by:
- Sending us a chat message on Hangouts
- Sending us an email at MathAssistanceArea@cod.edu or use the "Ask a Math, Physics, or Chemistry Question"
- Leaving us a voice message at (630) 942-3339
The MAA is staffed by full time COD mathematics faculty and non-classroom part time faculty providing one-on-one help with homework problems or clarifying concepts from math coursework. Sessions may be limited to 15 minutes when other students are waiting, but students may have unlimited turns.
MAA staff have online access to most textbooks and solution manuals for reference. However, they are not able to share that access with students.
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance