Propose a Faculty Development Course
The College of DuPage Faculty Professional Development Advisory Committee accepts proposals for courses and mini-courses that meet the following criteria:
- Are instructionally-focused
- Incorporate active learning
- Support collaboration
- Use models of effective practice
- Offer feedback and reflection
- Are of sustained duration/ongoing
A panel consisting of members of the Faculty Professional Development Advisory Committee will review your course proposal using an established rubric.
Within seven days of submitting your proposal, a member of the FPD Advisory Committee will contact you via email to confirm receipt. The panel will review your course proposal and notify you of its review within 14 days upon receiving your completed Faculty Development Course Proposal.
The Faculty Professional Development Advisory Committee has the right to alter details in the proposal to remain in compliance with the College's mission and policies.
Resources are available to assist facilitators in designing and delivering faculty development courses:
- Employee Development Center (EDC) - Work with an instructional designer to brainstorm course content, structure activities, or explore other course design options. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Technologies - Instructional designers and technologists can help you develop or adapt courses for online and hybrid delivery, with support for instructional design, media development, and technology selection. Email: email@example.com
- Faculty Chair of Professional Development - The chair is available for consultations, resources evaluation, guidance on best practices, and more. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you're ready to launch your course, reach out to the EDC specialist with the information needed for Cornerstone registration, including: date and time, minimum/maximum attendees, location, and more.
Full-time faculty course facilitators may be eligible for "Design and Deliver" stipends. For more information about stipends, please contact the Faculty Chair of Professional Development at email@example.com.
Adjunct Faculty Support
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1500
Employee Development Center
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1105/1107