Academic Advising Services
The Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services department will offer advising services and appointments in a variety of formats this term. Please note that our front desk staff is available by phone Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and can be reached at (630) 942-2259. From December 20 to January 28, Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services will be seeing students on a walk-in basis and scheduled virtual appointments.
- Same-Day (walk-in) appointments on the Main Campus in Glen Ellyn
- Remote 30-minute and 1-hour appointments via Zoom or phone
- Quick Question Virtual Advising via Zoom
- Email Advising through eSARS
Glen Ellyn/Main Campus Walk-In Services Available
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Remote 30-minute appointments via Zoom or phone are available. Call (630) 942-2259 to schedule an appointment.
- Appointment times vary at the Centers and no walk-ins will be accepted. Please schedule an appointment by calling (630) 942-2259, or by calling one of the Centers directly.
- Contact a counselor for quick questions via email.
Make An Appointment
Call the Counseling and Advising front desk staff at (630) 942-2259 to schedule a New Student Appointment. BEFORE CALLING:
- You should have already viewed the entire Steps to Enrollment process on the student portal.
- BE SURE you have either submitted your ACT/SAT scores or you have completed the Guided Self-Placement Questionnaire for Reading and Writing, which can be accessed on the Student Planning page through the student portal at inside.cod.edu. This will enable the counselor to assist you in selecting appropriate courses.
- You may also wish to complete the ALEKS math placement test if you need to determine which math class you are qualified to take.
- DO NOT use the online booking system to schedule your appointment. Doing so will result in your appointment being canceled.
- Continuing students in need of educational planning and academic advising may call the Counseling and Advising front desk at (630) 942-2259.
- Call the Counseling and Advising front desk at (630) 942-2259.
- You will receive instructions on how to complete the academic probation programming.
- Call the Counseling and Advising front desk at (630) 942-2259 to schedule a 1-hour Transfer Planning appointment. Learn more about transfer planning. Appointments will be available after January 28.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours