College of DuPage offers honors scholarships for incoming high school students and COD Honors students who are ready to transfer to continue their education.
Honors Program Transfer Scholarships
Applications open in mid-January for honors program transfer scholarships for COD honors students. For Fall 2024 transfer, application will be open Jan. 15 to March 11, 2024.
In order to qualify, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and complete 18 credits of Honors courses or 15 credits including an Honors seminar course by the end of spring semester. Aurora University requires Phi Theta Kappa membership.
One scholarship will be granted by each institution for fall.
College of DuPage Honors students can apply for a scholarship to the following institutions:
- Aurora University – Award: $1,500 a year in addition to AU’s merit awards that could amount to $16,000 a year. This includes a $2,000 PTK membership scholarship.
- Benedictine University – Award: $23,200 for two years of full-time study; renewable if student is in good standing with the Scholars Program. Student must have at least two semesters of a single language at COD. Additional scholarships may be added.
- DePaul University – Award: One year of full-time study, will be renewable for up to two years (three years total). Scholarship will be renewed if the recipient: (1) is in good academic standing (measured by SAP regulations), (2) is enrolled full time each quarter, (3) completes a minimum of 36 quarter hours for the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters, and (4) files a FAFSA each year.
- Elmhurst University – Award: Full tuition for two years of full-time study; with potential fifth semester upon appeal.
- North Central College – Award: Full tuition for one year of full-time study; renewable for a total of three (3) years at North Central College’s discretion for the student to complete a bachelor’s degree. PTK membership preferred. Apply directly through North Central College website (pending start date)
- Northeastern Illinois University – Award: One tuition scholarship for $7,000. Renewable for a second year if the student is enrolled full time for Fall and Spring semesters and maintains good standing. Additional scholarships may be added.
How to Apply
Applicant must have all of the following in order to apply for the Transfer Scholarship:
- Complete 18 credits of Honors courses, or 15 credits of Honors courses including an Honors seminar by the end of spring semester – you are required to upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- 500-word essay - Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome; discuss its impact and tell us what you have learned from the experience.
- Cover Letter – Please include a cover letter that highlights your resume experiences and discusses how the transfer college can help you achieve your educational goals. The cover letter may address any relevant information not included in the resume. Students who are applying for more than one of the colleges should rank their interest in the colleges in their cover letter.
- Resume - Describes your volunteer activities, work experience, leadership experience, and honors/awards. Please include only activities/honors during your college years along with relevant dates and descriptions.
- References – Two references and their email address. References will be emailed a questionnaire with information to answer about applicant. They will not upload a letter. One of the references must be a College of DuPage full-time faculty member.
All documentation, including reference questionnaires, must be on file, before or on the day of the deadline.
By submitting an application, you agree to College of DuPage sharing information with the institutions offering these scholarship opportunities.
If you have questions regarding the Honors Program Transfer Scholarship, email email@example.com.
Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation's top community college students to complete their bachelor's degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 85 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
Find more information and how to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship visit the Jack Kent Cooke website.
For Incoming High School Seniors
High School seniors interested in receiving a scholarship must apply prior to taking courses at COD. For more information on scholarships, visit Student Financial Assistance. Be sure to check out the Scholars Award Programs' exclusive opportunities for Honors students.
"I needed to maintain a minimum of a 3.25 GPA in order to keep the scholarship, and I wanted to maintain a high GPA at Elmhurst so that I could graduate with the highest honors." - Holly GreenwellHolly's COD Story
"COD and its amazing staff are there to help you become the best student you can be, and you owe it to yourself to reach your absolute best." - Amy AdduciAmy's COD Story
"Thanks to the transfer scholarship, I’ll also be gifted the time and freedom to become a more involved and active student in clubs and other extracurriculars, which will only increase my chances of standing out, growing further and succeeding at Millikin." - Oscar AlmonteOscar's COD Story
“Personally, I knew that I wanted to study political science but wasn’t exactly sure how I wanted to apply it. It took some time to explore classes and expose myself to different fields to actually come to the decision of where I am at now. So don’t rush anything; when you know, you know." - Tiffany CuevasTiffany's COD Story
Honors Program Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3418
Dr. Lisa Higgins
Director, Honors Program
Professor of English