student receiving award at ceremony

Honors Scholarships

College of DuPage offers honors scholarships for incoming high school students and COD Honors students who are ready to transfer to continue their education. 

Honors Program Transfer Scholarships

Applications open in mid-January for honors program transfer scholarships for COD honors students.


In order to qualify, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and complete 18 credits of Honors courses or 15 credits including an Honors seminar and/or Honors Humanities 2210 course by the end of spring semester. Aurora University requires Phi Theta Kappa membership.

One scholarship will be granted by each institution for fall. 


College of DuPage Honors students can apply for a scholarship to the following institutions:

Aurora University

Award: $1,500 a year in addition to AU's merit awards that include a $10,000 Transfer Scholarship and a $2,000 PTK membership scholarship.

Elmhurst University

Award: Full tuition for up to two years of full-time study with GPA maintenance and full-time enrollment required for renewal. Beyond two years' study requires Elmhurst University approval for renewal.

Millikin University

Award: Provide one full tuition Presidential Scholarship for one year of full-time study, renewable for four years, so long as the recipient remains in good standing with Millikin University and the James Millikin Honors Program.

North Central College

Award: Full tuition for one year of full-time study; renewable up to three years at North Central College's discretion for the student to complete a bachelor's degree.

How to Apply

  • Apply to the transfer school.
  • Complete the online scholarship application at Login with your COD credentials.
  • Submit a 500-word essay on the most challenging obstacle you have overcome, its impact and what you learned from the experience.  Include a resume and two letters of recommendation.

By submitting an application, you agree to College of DuPage sharing information with the institutions offering these scholarship opportunities.


If you have questions regarding honors scholarship, email

Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship

The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation's top community college students to complete their bachelor's degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 85 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.

Find more information and how to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship visit the Jack Kent Cooke website.

For Incoming High School Seniors

High School seniors interested in receiving a scholarship must apply prior to taking courses at COD. For more information on scholarships, visit Student Financial Assistance. Be sure to check out the Scholars Award Programs' exclusive opportunities for Honors students. 

Contact Information

Honors Program Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3418
(630) 942-3318

Dr. Lisa Higgins
Director, Honors Program
Professor of English