College of DuPage student Joey Sakowicz talks about his experience as a first-generation college student.
College of DuPage hosts several events for first-generation students throughout the year. Connect with other students, staff and faculty and explore all there is to learn about your college experience.
First-Generation Information Session
The First-Generation Information Session will give students an introduction to COD, the admissions process and general college information. The information sessions explain the difference and misconceptions between:
- A university and a community college
- Transfer versus track to join the workforce
- Financial aid and scholarships
- How ACT/SAT test scores, high school diploma, GED and foreign high school credentials are used for admission
First-Generation Student Group
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services invites you to participate in a First-Generation Student Group. Students have an opportunity to drop in and ask questions. The sessions are a great way to connect with faculty, staff and other first-generation students.
Admissions and Outreach
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207
For more information, fill out the contact form.
The Admissions Office is operating during regular business hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.