As a continuing student with a 2.0 grade point average or higher, counselors and program advisors are able to help you make sure you are on the correct path to achieving your degree or certificate.
Continuing students in need of educational planning and academic advising can call Advising and Transfer Services at (630) 942-2259.
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services offers Quick Question Virtual Advising for students who have questions about general education, changing your program of study, reviewing degree audits and graduation requirements and understanding advising tools and resources.
Follow these steps to drop-in and meet with a program advisor.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Log into your College of DuPage Blackboard account using your COD login information.
- Access our Blackboard organization.
- Enter the Counseling, Advising, and Transfer Services Blackboard Organization [CATS-STUINFO] to access the Quick Question Drop-In Advising link.
- Enter the waiting room.
- Quick Question Virtual Advising is available 10:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday.
- Students will be seen on a first-come-first-served basis. Counselors will not be available using this link outside of these hours, or when the college is closed.
- Wait your turn. Seating is limited and rooms will be locked depending on the number of students waiting and time remaining. Once a waiting room is locked, no one can enter the queue but those waiting will be assisted.
If you are unable to meet with a counselor, email your question or call Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services at (630) 942-2259 to schedule an appointment.
Student Planning Worksheets can help you help you choose the correct general education curriculum that is required for the degree you are pursuing. The worksheets can also help make transferring to another college easier.
The video below can walk you through how to fill out your worksheet.
A variety of academic support services are available in-person and online through the Learning Commons. Receive math, writing, reading or speech assistance or sign up for tutoring services.
These student success resources can help you set a schedule, stay organized, adopt new strategies for taking tests and more.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Hours: Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours