The Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Program provide hands-on training to apprentices interested in gaining necessary competency in a specific field. Local organizations offer skills related to COD career pathways by combining on-the-job training and instruction.
The apprenticeship program is commonly referred to as an “earn and learn” model. Gradually, apprentices acquire new proficiencies, build workplace skills and reach set milestones.
Apprenticeships at College of DuPage
Find an apprenticeship program that matches your interests.
Additional apprenticeship opportunities are coming soon in the following areas:
- Computer Support Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Early Childhood Educator
- Human Resources Generalist
- Landscape Design and Construction
If you are interested in an apprenticeship, complete the inquiry form. You will be contacted when the apprenticeship becomes available.
Advantages for Apprentices and Employers
Apprentices and employers can both benefit from the Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Program.
The program offers students a unique opportunity to build their skills while also earning a paycheck. Apprentices also:
- Receive benefits of full-time employment
- Receive wage increases as skills increase or set milestones are reached
- Begin a career, while earning college credit
- Graduate with no college debt. The apprentice's employer pays for the full cost of the student’s program courses, labs and fees.
The program offer local employers the opportunity to expand their partnerships within the community. Employers are able to:
- Build a stronger workforce
- Increase skills with incumbent workers or new hires
- Invest in their employees and increase employee morale
- Motivate employees through wage increases
- Take advantage of higher employee loyalty and higher retention
- Bring value to their company and value to their employees
- Improve productivity to meet their organization's needs
To get involved in the apprenticeship program, complete the employer inquiry form.
“I was interested in several of the different career paths and programs that Project Hire-Ed offered. The combination of classroom learning and on-the-job training sounded very beneficial, and having all of the course expenses paid for by the employer while still being paid a full-time wage was an additional bonus point of interest.” - Hamid BenfakirHamid's COD Story
"It’s a great opportunity to learn and work in your chosen career. The administrators of the program are very supportive and available to help with scheduling classes and coordinating everything the program offers.” - David MooshoolDavid's COD Story
“Project Hire-Ed was exactly what I was looking for. This program provided me the opportunity to continue my education in an accelerated format toward a certificate as well as work full time in industrial maintenance, receive benefits and gain the necessary experience I needed to further my career." - Jason PatrickJason's COD Story
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137