The College’s volunteer corps, COD Cares actively supports and strengthens College of DuPage communities by fostering a culture of service among College employees, students and community members.
An initiative of COD’s Community Engagement department, COD Cares service activities
- Raise awareness of community-based organizations that serve the needs of local residents, including COD students
- Provide educational opportunities on issues that affect residents and students
- Encourage community involvement
Welcome to Gift of Giving 2022 - Ready, Set, GNOME
When it comes to giving, gnome-body does it better than COD! From Nov. 5 to Dec. 9, help make the winter warmer, fill tables with healthy food, care for kitties and canines, and share the gift of life as a blood donor.
Gift of Giving 2022 Participating Agencies
- 360 Youth Services (claimed)
- Abundant Children & Family Services Agency (claimed)
- Alive Center
- DuPage County Animal Services (claimed)
- DuPage PADS (claimed)
- DuPage Senior Citizens Council (claimed)
- Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center (claimed)
- Humanitarian Service Project (claimed)
- Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans (claimed)
- Naperville Area Humane Society (claimed)
- People's Resource Center - Share the Spirit (claimed)
- Sharing Connections (claimed)
- Teen Parent Connection
- The Outreach House (claimed)
- World Relief (claimed)
Ways to Participate
- Fulfill an Agency Wish List
Only a few lists remain! Select an agency from the list above.
Send your first and second selection as well as your team name and team captain to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply with a confirmation.
Take advantage of BOGO deals, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
Place your donations in a “Drop Gnome” in Student Success (BIC 1A02), the Learning Commons, or selected offices by Dec. 2. Volunteers will deliver your gifts to the selected agency, or you can deliver directly to the selected agency yourself (just let us know!)
Remember, all donations must be delivered to agencies by Friday, Dec. 9.
- Give the Gift of Groceries
Purchase a minimum $10 Target, Jewel or Meijer gift card for a local family to use toward a holiday meal or seasonal household essentials.
Drop your gift card donations in the collection box at Campus Central before Dec. 5 so they can make it to DCFS in time for holiday celebrations.
- Be a Life Saver
Donate blood between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 30, in the Student Services Center, Room 3245. Register to donate. Donors receive a $10 e-gift card!
All blood is life giving, but blood from a donor of a similar ethnic background is less likely to be rejected by the patient and often results in fewer complications after transfusion.
- Fill a Holiday Table
- Pop into a Pop-Up
Watch for quick and easy ways to share your talents and time between classes or on your way to lunch. Can’t tell you what we will be up to…the surprise is half the fun!
- Toys for Tots
Deposit toys, games and books in one of the delightful Toys for Tots collection boxes on campus. After all, any gnome can be Santa this year! Box locations:
- Cafe 425
- Library Main Entrance
- Student Life
- Veterans Services
- HEC west entrance
- TEC main entrance