Tuition appeals can only be considered when a student has withdrawn from a course and has received a ‘W’ grade.
Appeals will only be considered for two terms prior to the current term.
Guidelines for Submitting a Tuition Appeal
- Appeals can only be considered when a student has withdrawn from a course and has received a ‘W’ grade.
- Appeals will only be considered for two terms prior to the current term.
- Filing a Tuition Appeal does not relieve your current financial obligation to College of DuPage. Scheduled payments remaining in an active payment plan schedule will continue until a final committee decision is made on the appeal. Tuition Appeals do not absolve balances owed resulting from bookstore charges.
- Failure to provide adequate documentation at the time of submission will result in denial of your appeal.
- The decision process takes approximately 4 weeks. Additional time may be necessary to contact faculty and for instructional, financial aid or advising issues to be reviewed by the applicable division Dean. All documentation received remains confidential. You will be notified of the committee’s decision by mail.
- If your Tuition Appeal is approved, your account will be credited in accordance with the committee’s decision (50% or 100%) within 30 days. If there is a balance due on your account, the refund amount will be credited to your account balance.
Tuition Appeal Exclusions
- A Tuition Appeal cannot be considered when an instructor has issued a passing grade (A, B, C, D, S, I).
- Submitting a Tuition Appeal may affect your financial aid. Contact a Financial Assistance Representative for information regarding the impact of your appeal on your financial aid.
- If the course in question has a grade of “F”, students must submit a Petition for Failing Grades to the Office of Student Records before the Tuition Appeal can be considered. If the Petition for Failing Grades is approved, then a Tuition Appeal will be accepted. Questions regarding the Petition for Failing Grades can be directed to Grades Department at (630) 942-2445.
- Alternative types of appeals
- Medical Appeal (student medical issue or caregiver)
- Late Withdrawal Appeal (Non-academic request after the last day for a student to withdraw per the Student Enrollment Calendar)
- Veterans and military personnel utilizing educational benefits may receive a fiscal consequence to their aid for pursuing a Tuition Appeal. Contact the Office of Veterans Services for more information.
- Issues regarding Non-Credit classes, Youth Academy Programs, Adult seminars and workshops should be addressed to the Office of Continuing Education, SRC 1110, (630) 942-2208.
Appeal processes adhere to College of DuPage Administrative Procedure guidelines, FERPA regulations and HIPAA regulations.
Tuition Appeal Questions
Contact the Office of Student Registration Services at (630) 942-2377.
Tuition Appeal Form
Please make sure your internet browser is up to date.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Upon submitting this form, email required documentation to support your written statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send this through your dupage.edu email address.
Office of Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221
Phone: (630) 942-2377
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Help Desk: (630) 942-2999
Individuals who need language assistance, call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email email@example.com.