On certain occasions a permit may be required for a student to register for a class. Permits are requested by the student through myACCESS and approved or issued by the instructor. Requesting a permit to register from the instructor may be for the following reasons:
- Enroll Late: permission to register when class start date has already passed. Class has OPEN seats.
- Overload: permission to register when class start date has already passed. Class is FULL.
- Consent of Instructor (Prerequisite Override by Instructor): permission to register for a class when unmet prerequisites are preventing registration. Can only be requested where "or consent of instructor" is noted after the list of prerequisites.
- Consent of Instructor/Granted Petition: permission to register for courses requiring Consent of Instructor or a Granted Petition for all students.
- Audit: to change from graded to Audit after the student has registered. Student must also complete the Audit Enrollment Change request form.
To send a manual permit, use the e-permit pdf form located at inside.cod.edu in the Forms Library and on the Registration Services team site.
Office of Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221
Phone: (630) 942-2377
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Help Desk: (630) 942-2999
Individuals who need language assistance, call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.