Engineering Pathways offers students interested in beginning their college education at College of DuPage with a streamlined transfer experience and guaranteed admission to The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign upon successful completion of program requirements.
Eligible Majors at UIUC
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Bioengineering (requires 6 semesters after transfer to UIUC to complete major course sequencing)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Bioengineering (opens for 2024 transfer; more information coming soon about this new major)
- Computer Science and Physics (opens for 2024 transfer; more information coming soon about this new major)
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering (opens for 2024 transfer; more information coming soon about this new major)
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Neural Engineering (opens for 2024 transfer; requires 6 semesters after transfer to UIUC to complete major course sequencing)
- Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Design
Note: Chemical Engineering and CS+X majors (except BIOE and PHYS) are not administered by Grainger Engineering and not included in the guarantee for Engineering Pathways. If you are interested in these majors please speak with your Engineering Pathways advisor about your options.
For Prospective Students
UIUC will be offering information sessions on the following dates:
Fall 2024 Applicants
- Application Filing Period: Jan. 5 to April 5, 2024. The Engineering Pathways Application will go live at this time.
- Admissions Decisions: Fully completed applications will be reviewed. If accepted, students must respond to offer email by required deadline.
- Application to College of DuPage must be completed to receive COD ID number and InsideCOD Portal information for ALEKS math placement tests.
Note: The Aleks Placement Test must be completed in time to have the official scores sent to the University of Illinois before April 5, 2024. The placement test may be taken up to 4 times so we strongly encourage students to start the take the first test early during (or even before) the application period begins. Students that do not achieve a score of 76+ on the test will not be considered for admission.
Follow the Engineering Pathways plan of study.
- Earn a B or better in each required course
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA overall and in technical coursework*
- Participate in mandatory advising and programming
- Communicate with advisors using @dupage.edu email
*Technical coursework includes chemistry, computer science, math, physics, and engineering.
Engineering Pathways Program
Contact me if you have any questions about getting started.
Office Phone: (630) 942-2396