A pathway to guaranteed admission to the College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This program will facilitate transfer, minimize duplication of instruction and build on community college and university learning experiences. To qualify for the guaranteed transfer, students must complete a specified list of equivalent courses at COD, earning grades no less than a "B" in required courses as well as maintain a 3.5/4 GPA overall and in technical coursework*. Students must also enroll full-time (12 or more semester hours) and attend a mandatory advising session upon admission into the program.
*Technical coursework include chemistry, computer science, math, physics and engineering.
Specific course requirements are outlined for intended majors in 13 programs:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Physics
- General Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering
College of DuPage will assign each student with a transfer advisor to assist with course selection and registration, as well as offer general guidance until his or her transfer to UIUC.
1. Apply for general admission online to College of DuPage A one-time $20 Admissions Application fee applies.
2. Complete assessment testing
- The math assessment (ALEKS) is mandatory and may not be waived Math Placement Test
- Reading/writing assessments may be completed based on ACT score if 20 or higher or SAT scores of 950 or higher.
3. Submit the Engineering Pathways application (available November 1) on UIUC’s website
- Official high school transcripts are required to both UIUC and COD
- Submit Transcripts and Official Test Scores
Certify your academic record by sending COD your official transcript. This includes your high school and/or college transcripts, ACT, SAT, AP or CLEP scores.