Engineering Pathways offers students interested in beginning their college education at College of DuPage with a streamlined transfer experience and guaranteed admission to The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign upon successful completion of program requirements.
Eligible Majors at UIUC
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Bioengineering (requires 6 semesters after transfer to UIUC to complete major course sequencing)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Physics
- General Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Neural Engineering (opens for 2024 transfer; requires 6 semesters after transfer to UIUC to complete major course sequencing)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Design
For accepted Engineering Pathways students, College of DuPage will assign each student with a transfer advisor to assist with course selection and registration, as well as offer general guidance until his or her transfer to UIUC.
Engineering Pathways Admission Dates and Deadlines
Fall 2023 applicants
Filing Period: Jan. 5 to April 8
The Engineering Pathways application is now closed.
- Admission notifications will be made on a rolling basis and accepted Engineering Pathways students will be invited to an April reception at College of DuPage for incoming and outgoing Engineering Pathway students.
Follow the Engineering Pathways plan of study.
- Attend Advising Sessions offered at both UIUC and COD
- Consistent review of @dupage.edu email for official communication from both UIUC/COD
- Earn a minimum of B or better in each required course
- Maintain a 3.5 /4 GPA overall and in technical coursework*
- Meet with your advisors regularly
- Spend 2 hours a week taking advantage of tutoring
Note: students are expected to complete all courses in which they enroll; dropping/withdrawing or failing to earn a B or better in a required course will jeopardize program standing.
Engineering Pathways transfer students with a minimum GPA of 3.8/4 may be eligible for scholarships for their third-year.
*Technical coursework includes chemistry, computer science, math, physics, and engineering.
Engineering Pathways Program
Contact me if you have any questions about getting started.
Office Phone: (630) 942-2396