A variety of academic support services are available online and in-person at the Glen Ellyn campus in Learning Commons - SRC 2102.
Students often need help preparing for a test or navigating through their coursework. Other students may be doing fine in their coursework, but feel they could do even better with some assistance. Assistance with Blackboard and MyAccess navigation, and GED preparation is also available. These services are free of charge for currently enrolled COD students. For more information on Learning Commons use, view Learning Commons Policies or view the Annual Report to read more about the Learning Commons.
- In-Person Mathematics Assistance is available in Student Resource Center (SRC) 2102 and Physical Education Center (PEC) 120.
- Live Online Assistance using Blackboard Collaborate.
- Register for a Math Workshop.
- Final Exam Reviews
- DIY Reviews
- Live Online Assistance via Blackboard Collaborate 6 days a week for a variety of courses: Arabic, Accounting, Chemistry, CIS, French, Italian, and Spanish
- In-person Drop-in Assistance on Campus 5 days a week for a variety of courses: Accounting, Anatomy, Biology/Earth Science, Chemistry, CIS, Engineering, Fire and EMT/EMS, French, Italian, Music, Physics, Spanish and Sign Language
- Virtual and In-Person appointments for courses from A-Z
- Assistance for any course via the Ask a Peer Tutor online form
- In-person Conversation Circles
- Online ELA Conversation Circles
- Student Success Resources
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance
- Writing, Reading and Speech assistance is available in-person in Student Resource Center (SRC) 2102
- Live Online Assistance
- Email Coaching
- Writing Resources
Updates on Learning Commons Events
Learning Commons at the COD Centers
- Addison Learning Commons
- Carol Stream Learning Commons
- Naperville Learning Commons
- Westmont Learning Commons
Placement testing is offered in the Glen Ellyn Testing Center, and in the Addison, Carol Stream, Naperville and Westmont Learning Commons. Testing hours vary by location.
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance