The Illinois International Trade Center (ITC) advisors guide small businesses in expanding into global markets, following best practices to manage growth and minimize risks. Expertise includes:
- Export readiness assessment: Our advisors use a questionnaire to determine the export readiness of a business and help to get the business export ready.
- Customized market research: Program staff has access to subscription-based databases. These services include obtaining market information to determining the market potential.
- Export planning and compliance: We help build an export plan with actionable items to support your global expansion. Our advisors also provide services to make sure your business stays compliant with the current export regulations (e.g., Product Classification, Export Controls). Become a client and get FREE guidance.
- Export documentation assistance: Our advisors help identify the required documentation and advise on how to prepare and/or obtain the documents.
- Trade finance and funding: Services include ISTEP grant application preparation, working capital opportunity identification, and referral.
- Bridge-to-export resources: We help connect you with export supports provided by our federal, state, and resources partners. The services include business due diligence, trade lead generation, etc.
Our training and advising is available for new and existing businesses. Our grant funding requires that you register your business (or your business idea) with us.
Business Development Center
Illinois International Trade Center
535 Duane Street, Office 233
Glen Ellyn IL 60137
Jean Lin, Center Manager
Program Manager, Illinois International Trade Center
Phone: (630) 942-3041
Fax: (630) 942-2606
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (and Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity). All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA (or DCEO).
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Jean Lin, 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137, (630) 942-2600.