The last day to drop a credit class and receive a tuition refund is dependent on the class dates and length of class according to the academic calendar.
100% refund is given for credit classes if dropped before the start date. Field Studies classes are an exception to this as deposits may have been paid that potentially cannot be refunded, students should contact the Field Studies office with inquiries.
- 100% refund of tuition and fees will be granted during the first 7% of the number of calendar days in the session based on the start date of the class.
- 50% refund of tuition and fees will only be granted during the first 8-12% of the number of calendar days in the session based on the start date of the class.
- Dropping a course during a refund period will not result in a "W" grade. Refund dates are rounded down (Ex: 3.85 days = 3 days; 4.12 days = 4 days).
Impact on GPA, Transcript, and Future Aid
- Drops during the 100% and 50% refund periods are not issued a ‘W’ grade.
- Classes dropped after the 50% refund cutoff date up until the Last Date to Drop are considered a withdraw and will receive no refund. The class will appear on the transcript with a W. The W does not impact GPA but may impact future aid. Contact Financial Aid or Veterans Services with questions about any potential impact.
Refund cut-off dates and Last Date to Withdraw
Follow these steps to view cut-off dates and the last date to withdraw from you classes:
- If you are currently signed into Student Planning, click on the Academics menu (graduation cap), then click on My Class Schedule. You can also log-into the portal at inside.cod.edu, locate myACCESS and click on Academic Profile, then select My Class Schedule.
- Next, select the Current Term. Your class schedule will appear. Review class meeting information, textbooks, and cutoff dates to drop with 100% and 50% refund as well as the last date to drop (withdraw) with no refund.
Tuition Refunds For Other Programs and Courses
Certain classes and fees are non-refundable and may require an appeal. Search by program or class below or contact Student Registration Services at (630) 942-2377 or email email@example.com for more information.
Requests for medical withdrawals should be made to the Dean of Enrollment Services. Send medical forms to Student Registration Services, SSC 2221, (630) 942-2687.
Requests should be made in writing and accompanied by documentation from a physician or medical institution to verify the medical condition, date of onset and estimated length of treatment. Request forms for medical withdrawals are reviewed individually.
Refunds are issued when appropriate within the guidelines of the College of DuPage refund policy. You will receive written notification of the decision within three (3) weeks from the office of the Student Registration Services.
Appeals regarding refunds should be submitted through the Office of Student Registration Services. Visit appeals information for details.
Office of Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221
Phone: (630) 942-2377
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Help Desk: (630) 942-2999
Individuals who need language assistance, call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.