International Admission Forms
It is possible to obtain a temporary Illinois drivers license without a social security number. The International Student Office can provide assistance once you arrive on campus and attended orientation.
As with most community colleges, College of DuPage does not provide on-campus housing or dormitory facilities for students. Learn more about housing options in the area.
All F-1 international students are required to purchase the College of DuPage International Health Insurance Plan each semester. Students are automatically enrolled in the plan at the time of registration.
There are no financial aid or scholarship opportunities available for F-1 international students at College of DuPage. International students are expected to pay the full cost of tuition.
Social Security Numbers
Social security numbers are only issued to F-1 students who have obtained an offer of employment. The social security office does not see it necessary for F-1 students to obtain the social security number for any other reason other than for employment.
It is important to take into consideration that there is limited public transportation. Local bus service 714 and 715 are available to the campus from the Wheaton Metra train station, Glen Ellyn Metra train stain and Naperville Metra train station. Learn more about public transportation.
Useful Websites for International Students
- Study in the States - Learn about the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international student.
- EducationUSA - is a U.S. Department of State network of over 430 international student advising centers in 178 countries and territories.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Learn more about the U.S. immigration system and its benefits.
- SEVIS I-901 Fee - Pay your SEVIS Fee before applying for your F-1 visa.
- U.S. State Department - Learn about obtaining a U.S. visa and find an embassy or consulate near you.
- Visa Wait Time - Review the current wait time for a visa interview in your country.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Learn how to navigate the U.S. immigration system.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators - Find resources for international students.
- Washington D.C. Foreign Embassy Community - Find your country's embassy in the U.S.
- Campus Police - Learn about safety on COD's campus.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Evening appointments are available upon request.