New students are required to submit a $20 nonrefundable application fee when applying to College of DuPage or submit documentation to qualify for the undergraduate application fee waiver.
Students meeting the requirements listed below can qualify for the $20 General Undergraduate Admission Application fee waiver. The application fee waiver must be requested before completing the Undergraduate General Admission Application. Students who pay the $20 application fee and then request an application fee waiver will not be reimbursed.
The $20 undergraduate admission application fee is waived for veterans or active military service personnel.
Contact Admissions and Outreach at (630) 942-2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the military application fee waiver promotional code.
Applicants meeting the criteria below must submit required documentation to receive an application fee waiver. The document must have a valid date and the applicant’s name must be printed on the document.
Economic need for an application fee waiver is defined as follows:
- Expected Family Contribution on the Student Aid Report (SAR) is $6,206 or less.
- School officials such as high school counselors, community college advisors, or financial
aid counselors may verify economic hardship if:
- Applicant has received or is eligible to receive an SAT or ACT testing fee waiver.
- Applicant is enrolled in or is eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Applicant is enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (i.e., TRiO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Applicant receives public assistance (i.e., Medicaid card, Illinois SNAP, Illinois All Kids Insurance, Social Security Benefits letter).
- Applicant lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or is homeless.
- Applicant is a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Applicant has a letter from high school requesting a waiver based on the pre-determined economic need printed on school letterhead.
- PADS ID card or letter from PADS/360 Youth Services letter.
Out of Workforce
Students working with Workforce Development Services can qualify for an application fee waiver. Applicants with a letter from the Illinois Department of Human Services (unemployment) or WorkNet DuPage may apply.
State the reason why the applicant should be eligible for a waiver if the reasons listed on this page are not applicable.
Email the Office of Admissions and Outreach with your request.
Admissions and Outreach
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207
For more information, fill out the contact form.
The Admissions Office is operating during regular business hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.