Are you planning to transfer from College of DuPage to further your academic aspirations? Early planning is key to your success. This steps to transfer checklist breaks down the transfer process according to the number of credits earned and outlines your steps for a smooth transfer to the college or university of your choice.
0 - 15 Credits Earned
- Meet with a COD counselor or program advisor to develop an academic plan. Schedule an appointment by calling (630) 942-2259.
- Explore admission requirements of transfer schools and attend COD transfer events.
- Create a Transferology account to track how courses at College of DuPage could transfer to your top five schools. (To utilize this, transfer schools need to participate in Transferology.)
- Connect with representatives from your top five schools to schedule a campus visit.
- Become a strong transfer and scholarship candidate by excelling in your classes and
16 - 30 Credits Earned
- Commit to a plan of study and explore COD’s transfer pathways.
- Understand transfer admissions and course requirements.
- Explore College of DuPage transfer guides and partnerships.
- Check-in with COD counselors to review and update your academic plan.
- Attend a Transfer Workshop to learn more about the transfer process and how to best prepare your applications.
- Update your Transferology account with your current courses.
- Narrow down your list of transfer destinations by utilizing transfer resources.
- Join the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) college honor society, if eligible for membership.
31 - 44 Credits Earned
- Meet with your COD counselor or program advisor to monitor progress on required coursework.
- Start preparing to fill out admission applications by the posted deadlines.
- Gather materials and seek clarification on questions you may have.
- Visit the Learning Commons for assistance with admission essays.
- Approach faculty for references and letters of recommendation.
- Update your resume with help from the Career Services Office.
- Complete your FAFSA or RISE Act application to include the school(s) where you will apply. Explore and apply for additional scholarships.
- Request official College of DuPage transcripts. If you attended another college, you also will need to request official transcripts directly from that school.
45+ Credits Earned
- Conduct a final check of your progress and meet your COD counselor or program advisor to review requirements for graduation and transfer. Complete your application to graduate (if eligible to graduate from COD).
- Visit your transfer school(s) — attend a class, meet with faculty or speak with current students to help you make your final decision.
- Compare all acceptance and financial aid award letters and choose your transfer school.
- After your final grades and degrees post, request that College of DuPage send your final, official transcript to your chosen transfer school.
- Complete enrollment steps outlined by your transfer school.
- Let the Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services department know your transfer destination by sharing your feedback.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours