A number of scholarship opportunities are available exclusively for students transferring from College of DuPage to another college or university. Each transfer scholarship has a different set of criteria. Some transfer scholarships are based on financial need while others are based on achievement, location or demographics.
Honors Transfer Scholarships
College of DuPage has partnered with Aurora University, Elmhurst University, Millikin University and North Central College to offer scholarships to COD Honors students. Awards vary from $1,500 to full tuition.
- Golden Apple Scholars Program - A teacher preparation scholarship for Illinois college transfer students who have the determination and drive to be highly effective teachers in Illinois. Scholarship, preparation and mentorship provided.
- Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU) - Professional college network scholarship; deadline in June; awards range from $500 to $1,000.
- Illinois Association for College Admission Counselors (IACAC) Transfer Scholarship - Five awards of $1000 are available; fall deadline is in March and spring deadline is in December.
- Illinois Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (IACRAO) Transfer Scholarship - $1000 scholarships are available for eligible students who apply.
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship - Application opens in October and closes in January; up to $55,000 annually to attend any four-year accredited undergraduate school and study any discipline.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society Scholarships - Requires a PTK membership; amounts and deadlines vary.
- US National Scholarship - Scholarship available for Undocumented/DACA students; deadline in February; students are required to attend a partner college.
Additional Scholarship Tips
- Always file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) when you apply for transfer admission.
- College of DuPage offers guaranteed admission agreements with colleges and universities that offer scholarship opportunities ranging from $1000 to full tuition.
- Apply for competitive scholarships offered at your transfer college or university. Ask your admission counselor what else you can apply to once accepted to your destination.
- Merit scholarships are automatically awarded at the time of your admission application. Stackable Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society scholarships are offered at private institutions for PTK members.
- Completing the CSS profile for colleges that will accept or require a CSS profile is another way to maximize scholarship dollars.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Regular Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours