College of DuPage is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is reporting this information in compliance with Standard 2.G.3. The Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC).
This program is designed to meet the educational requirements for respiratory therapists in Illinois. If you intend to seek licensure outside of Illinois after finishing your program, use the link below to find information on the state or U.S. territory in which you intend to be licensed in order to identify whether COD's Respiratory Therapy program meets, does not meet or if it has not been determined if it meets the educational requirements for licensure. If COD's program has not determined if it meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state in question, it may meet all or a portion of the educational requirements. If that is the case, we recommend that you contact the licensing agency directly before beginning the COD program.
Licensure requirements has not been determined in Alaska because licensure is not currently regulated.
View the Respiratory Law Practice by State document to see state licensure requirements.
- American Association for Respiratory Care
Completion of College of DuPage’s CoArc-accredited Respiratory Therapy Undergraduate Major meets educational requirements to apply for the NBRC Therapist Multiple Choice (TMC) examination to qualify for the NBRC Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential. Students who achieve the high cut score on the TMC are eligible to apply for the Clinical Simulation Examination (CSE) to qualify for the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.
States and Territories
College of DuPage has not determined whether completion of College of DuPage's CoArc accredited Respiratory Therapy Undergraduate Major meets educational requirements to apply for a Respiratory Care Professional license in each state or territory.
- Alaska Department of Health - Professional Licensure
District of Columbia
- Iowa Board of Respiratory Care and Polysomnography
- Mississippi State Department of Health - Professional Licensure
- North Dakota State Board of Respiratory Care
- Oregon Health Licensing Office (Respiratory Therapist and Polysomnographic Technologist Licensing Board)
- Pacific Territories Respiratory Care Professionals Board
- Puerto Rico Examining Board for Respiratory Care
U.S. Virgin Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands Respiratory Care Professionals Board