The Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program (CNATP) prepares students for employment as entry-level certified nurse assistants (CNA) through a combination of classroom and clinical education. This program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and emphasizes basic nursing assistant skills and related knowledge. Upon successful completion of the Illinois State Competency Exam, the CNA will be recognized on the Illinois Health Care Worker Registry.
According to the United States Department of Labor, for nurse assistants the median pay was $14.25 per hour and the median annual wage was $29,640 in May 2017. Employment of nurse assistants and orderlies is projected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2026 (Source: U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Registration for the NURSA 1105 course is in accordance with the college registration calendar AND is affected by the 90 day drug screen and TB skin tests health requirement's earliest completion date. Students are eligible to register for the course after ALL pre-enrollment academic, health, and financial requirements are completed.
Summer 2021 - NURSA 1105: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Course Session (June start)
- The advising video for the Summer 2021 course is now available, please complete the mandatory video and quiz by accessing the following link: CNA Advising Session
- Registration Opens: March 29, 2021 - See "CNA Registration Requirements" for summer 2021 for eligibility details.
- QuantiFERON TB Gold: Your QuantiFERON TB Gold blood test must be done 8/1/20 or later
- Drug Testing: Your Drug Test must be done 3/19/21 or later
- Registration Closes: May 28, 2021 at close of business day or before if all seats are filled.
- Mandatory virtual CNA Student Orientation (CSO) due dates: June 4, 2021. CSO details will be provided in the Welcome e-mail letter.
- A Welcome e-mail letter will be mailed to all registered students' college e-mail with details about the criminal background checks and orientation.