The Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program (CNATP) prepares students for employment as entry-level certified nurse assistants (CNA) through a combination of classroom and clinical education. This program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and emphasizes basic nursing assistant skills and related knowledge. Upon successful completion of the Illinois State Competency Exam, the CNA will be recognized on the Illinois Health Care Worker Registry.
According to the United States Department of Labor, for nurse assistants the median pay was $13.23 per hour and the median annual wage was $27,520 in May 2017. Employment of nurse assistants and orderlies is projected to grow 11% from 2016 to 2026 (Source: U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Registration for the NURSA 1105 course is in accordance with the college registration calendar AND is affected by the 90 day drug screen and TB skin tests health requirement's
earliest completion date. Students are eligible to register for the course after ALL
pre-enrollment academic, health, and financial requirements are completed (See the
CNA Registration Requirements packet and CNA Health Requirements packet).
Spring 2020 - NURSA 1105: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Course Session (Second 8-week class)
- Registration Opens: December 15, 2019 – See "CNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. This earliest completion date for Spring 2020 second 8-week class enrollment is December 14, 2019.
- Registration Closes: February 28, 2020 at close of business day or before if all seats are filled.
- Mandatory CNA Student Orientation Dates: Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:45 p.m. to 4:30
p.m. in HSC 1234. Details will be sent in a welcome letter to all registered students'
college e-mail after registration closes.
Summer 2020 - NURSA 1105: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Course Session (8-week class)
- CastleBranch code for medical document manager and drug test will be available to order starting February 28, 2020
- Registration Opens: March 17, 2020 - See "CNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. This earliest completion date for Summer 2020 8-week class enrollment is March 3, 2020.
- Registration Closes: May 20, 2020 at close of business day or before if all seats are filled.
- Mandatory CNA Student Orientation (CSO) Dates: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. OR Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CSO registration details in the CNA Registration Process packet.
- A welcome letter will be mailed to all registered students' college e-mail after registration closes.
Explore the CNA Certificate Program
- Steps to Become a CNA
- Attend an Advising Session
- Online CNA Advising Video
- Online CNA Advising Slides
- The Hybrid (Blended) Course Advising Slides- NEW
- CNA Registration Requirements Packet (Spring 2020)
- CNA Registration Requirements Packet (Summer 2020)
- CNA Health Requirements Packet (Fall 2019 through Spring 2020)
- Spring 2020 link to CastleBranch
- Summer 2020 link to CastleBranch - Code will be available February 28th