Workforce Development Services offers educational opportunities and support services focused on the needs of the unemployed and underemployed residents in the area as well as those seeking a career that requires specialized short-term training, and/or a college certificate or degree.
- Assistance in getting started at College of DuPage
- Information on degree and certificate programs
- Identifying the program of study that is right for you
- Application fee waiver with proof of unemployment
- Assistance with the WIOA training grant application process
- Career assessments
- Information on aid and resources available to unemployed and underemployed residents
- Career counseling
- Referrals to other College of DuPage services
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Grant
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program to assist unemployed and underemployed individuals in returning to the workforce. This program includes a variety of job search services including the WIOA training grant, which pays for individuals to receive vocational/occupational training to minimize skill gaps and increase marketability.
To qualify for the grant applicants must meet eligibility and suitability criteria as determined by their local One-Stop Career Center. The local One-Stop for DuPage County is workNet DuPage Career Center located in Lisle. For further information please visit their website at worknetdupage.org. If you reside outside of DuPage county visit llinoisworknet.com to locate the Career Center nearest you.
WorkNet DuPage Career Center
College of DuPage employs a liaison to the workNet DuPage Career Center who is knowledgeable in the WIOA training grant process and approved College of DuPage programs. A Workforce Development Specialist can guide you through the process. For your convenience Workforce Development Services are located in the same building as workNet DuPage Career Center.
WIOA Approved Training Programs
To qualify for the WIOA training grant, the program of study must be WIOA approved. Programs are in high demand occupations with self-sufficient wages. College of DuPage offers over 150 WIOA approved degree and certificate programs. A comprehensive list can be found on the Illinois Workforce Development System website.
- Health Care
- Computer and Information Technology
- Computer and Information Science
- Manufacturing Technology
- Office Technology Information
- Commercial Driver’s License
Adela Meitz, MS LCPC, Workforce Development and Student Resource Specialist
Workforce Development Services
2525 Cabot Drive, Suite 302
Lisle, Illinois 60532