Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance (WRSA) offers coaching sessions for College of DuPage students who are working on assignments in any academic discipline. We help students to develop and to strengthen writing, reading, and presentation skills and strategies which will enable them to work more independently.
One-to-one assistance is available either online or in person at the Learning Commons on the Glen Ellyn campus. Our coaches are both peer tutors and part-time faculty. You can schedule appointments at cod.mywconline.com or call (630) 942-3355.
We can help writers:
- Review the assignment.
- Brainstorm to explore the subject.
- Narrow a topic and develop a thesis.
- Write clearly.
- Develop their papers with details, examples, and other rhetorical devices.
- Organize their ideas logically.
- Identify grammatical error patterns and offer ways to self-correct them.
- Self-identify methods and strategies for revising.
We can help readers:
- Develop strategies to increase the ease and speed at which they read.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving reading comprehension.
- Enhance overall learning absorption and reading enjoyment.
We can help presenters:
- Select and narrow a topic.
- Create an outline.
- Research and cite sources.
- Rehearse individual and group presentations.
- Record presentations in the speech studio.
We can help English language learners:
- practice speaking English
- learn new vocabulary words
- find resources for grammar
- study idioms
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
WRSA Reception Hours:
August 28 to December 10:
Mon. to Thu.: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fri.: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sat.: 9 a.m. to noon
Sun.: 1 to 4 p.m.
Reduced Hours and Closures
Nov. 22 to Nov. 26: Closed
Assistance in TEC 1016:
Thursday.: 11 a.m to 2 p.m.
Closures: Nov. 23
Assistance in PE 120:
Monday to Wednesday.: 11 a.m to 2 p.m.
Closures: Nov. 22
Hours and services may vary on in-service days, days when classes are not in session, and between academic terms.
A comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help patrons succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass.
Discover instructional video tutorials recommended by Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance coaches.
COD students: Click here to learn how to register for Lynda.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage