Accelerated Learning Program
Accelerate Your Progress, Simplify Your Assignments
What Is ALP English?
ALP stands for Accelerated Learning Program. ALP is a pair of linked courses (English 1101 and English 0492) taught by an experienced professor. By taking ALP, you can move through your English classes more quickly.
Who Should Enroll in ALP English?
ALP is for you if:
- English hasn't been your best subject in the past.
- You want to join a community of classmates who work together to promote everyone's learning.
- You would benefit from having more interaction with your professor.
- You're ready for the challenge of college-level courses.
- You have a Reading Placement score of 70 or more (Reading Category 1). Students with
any writing placement score are accepted.
Why Should I Enroll in ALP English?
You should take ALP English because:
- You'll save time by completing two required English courses in one semester.
- You'll have the same instructor and shared assignments for both courses.
- ALP students enjoy extra support in a classroom community with direct access to college services such as advising.
- Your ALP class will help you build college success strategies and become a more confident learner.
- Research shows that ALP students are more likely to succeed in their college-level
English classes than students who take two courses separately.
Ready to Register for ALP?
Permits are available from college advisors and counselors, the English faculty, and the Liberal Arts Division in Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06. Questions? Call (630) 942-2047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage