Policies and Publications
Financial Aid Policies and Publications
Please refer to the following policies for specific information regarding your financial assistance and how to remain in good standing with your financial assistance.
- Rights and Responsibilities/Understanding Your Financial Aid
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Return of Title IV Aid
- Understanding your award letter
- Eligible Degrees and/or Certificates for Financial Assistance - A student must be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program to receive financial aid funds. A regular student is someone who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible institution for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by the school.
- Attendance and Financial Assistance
- Repeat Classes - According to Federal Regulations – financial aid cannot pay aid to students for courses that have been repeated more than once, when a grade of D or higher has already been earned. ** Please Note - Financial aid is considered Grants and Loans **
- Maximum Subsidized Usage Limit - There is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans. In general, you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150% of the published length of your program. This is called your "maximum eligibility period".
- Pell Lifetime Eligibility - The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds a student can receive over his or her lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. Since the maximum amount of Pell Grant funding a student can receive each year is equal to 100%, the six-year equivalent is 600%. For more information please visit Calculating Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility Used
- Students with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Financial Assistance Glossary
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Fax: (630) 942-2151
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage