We are here to help you make successful decisions about your future career path.
This is a one-on-one opportunity to meet with a counselor for academic and career path guidance. It is a safe place to discuss concerns, values, personal goals and expectations. A career counselor is an unbiased professional who can help you...
- Discover your personal traits and work preferences
- Learn about career resources and options
- Understand the actions needed to accomplish your goals
- Overcome obstacles and develop a plan
Career Assessment Inventories
- Career Inventories are very effective tools used for academic and career exploration.
- Based on self-reports, they can provide insight on how individuals function using an unbiased, factual representation.
- All career inventory referrals and interpretations are part of the Career Counseling process.
- Please be aware that there are various fees associated with each of these career assessment inventories.
Career Exploration Class
COLLG 1105, Career Development:
- Designed to assist students taking first steps in the career development process. Standardized career assessments are included in this course curriculum.
- Emphasis is on self-awareness, career path choices, career decision-making, and strategies for career action in an evolving work environment.
- This two-credit Contemporary Life Skills course is offered during the fall, spring and summer terms. Tuition is charged for the class, as it provides transfer-oriented elective credit.
Career Exploration Workshops
- Career exploration workshops offer direction on life and career planning. They can provide valuable information for those seeking help with career decision-making.
- They are offered throughout the year, and cover various career development topics.
- Workshop time includes the explanation of career inventory results, along with guidance to integrate personal traits with career information. Discussions may also incorporate work-related values and skills to increase awareness of personal strengths.
- There is a fee charged for those workshops using career assessment inventories. Register here
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services Advising
New to College of DuPage?
Contact Campus Central at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services at (630) 942-2259.