Starting college as a first-generation student can feel overwhelming. Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services invites you to participate in a First-Generation Student Group. Students have an opportunity to drop in and ask questions. The sessions are a great way to connect with faculty, staff and other first-generation students.
Students can drop-in during the group sessions. The sessions are a great way to connect with faculty, staff and other first-generation students.
First-Generation Student Group Dates
Sessions for this semester will be held in Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3449 from 1 to 2 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
- Thursday, Oct. 5: Game of Life: Money Talk
- Thursday, Nov. 2: National First-Gen Week Celebration: Build your Network
- Thursday, Dec. 7: End of Term Celebration
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Regular Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours