Welcome to College of DuPage. As a new student, Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services is available to help you get started on the right foot so you can meet and achieve your academic goals.
Whether your goal is transferring to a four-year institution or employment after your studies, taking the right courses at the right time is essential to your success. The following steps can help you begin to meet with a counselor or advisor.
Call the Counseling and Advising and Transfer Services at (630) 942-2259 to schedule a new student appointment.
Before you schedule your appointment:
- Log in to the student portal and click the “Steps to Enrollment” icon in the upper right corner. Review each of the modules.
- Read through the information about our Reading and Writing placement to determine if you need to take the guided-self placement test. This will
enable a counselor to assist you in selecting appropriate courses.
- Students who are non-native English speakers and have completed zero to four years of schooling in the United States must take the Kaplan International Tools for English test (ELS Placement Test) to meet course prerequisites.
- Students enrolling in a math or science course will likely need to take a math placement test. Math selection varies by major. Consult with a counselor or advisor about math selection.
Student Planning Worksheets can help you help you choose the correct general education curriculum that is required for the degree you are pursuing. The worksheets can also help make transferring to another college easier.
The video below can walk you through how to fill out your worksheet.
- A variety of academic support services are available in-person and online through the Learning Commons. Receive math, writing, reading or speech assistance or sign up for tutoring services.
- These student success resources can help you set a schedule, stay organized, adopt new strategies for taking tests and more.
- College Skills classes can help first-year, undecided or probation students gain skills needed to succeed in college while earning two college credits.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Regular Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours