If you need to select classes, but counseling appointments are full, there are a variety of advising tools and resources that can help you get the answers you need while you wait for your appointment.
Creating Your Class Schedule
The Steps to Creating an Educational Plan tool can help you select your classes and develop your educational plan. Once you've completed the plan, meet with a counselor or advisor to confirm your goals.
Explore academic programs of study and courses at College of DuPage.
- Areas of Study - COD offers programs from several Academic and Career Pathways, including Business and Applied Technology, Culinary and Hospitality, Education, Fine and Applied Arts, Health Sciences, Public Services, STEM and more.
- Career and Technical Program Information - Career and Technical programs teach students technical, job-specific skills to be college and career ready.
- Course Catalog - The Course Catalog provides an overview of programs, classes, services and course requirements.
Educational Planning Resources
Plan your academic schedule by proofing your prerequisites, completing a Student Planning Worksheet and running a degree audit.
- How To Complete a Student Planning Worksheet Video - Learn how to complete a Student Planning Worksheet so you can choose the correct general education core curriculum classes that are required for the type of degree you are pursuing.
- How to Run and Read a Degree Audit - Verify which courses you have completed and which courses you need to take by running and reading a degree audit.
- Proofing Prerequisites - Verify you have met course prerequisites so you can enroll in the classes you need to take to continue your education.
Gather information on transferring to another college, online schools and graduate programs.
- College Board - College Board can help you with college search and planning.
- Illinois Transfer - The Illinois Transfer portal can assist you with transferring your course credit to other Illinois institutions.
- Peterson's - Peterson's provides information on education, test preparation and career planning.
- Princeton Review - Princeton Review offers online test preparation for the ACT and SAT.
- Transferology - Transferology enables you to enter your college courses and find equivalent courses at other schools.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed on Fridays)
- COD Centers Hours