The Career Services Center has partnered with Center for Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with their Inclusive Excellence Peer Mentoring Program. The IEPM program matches an incoming COD student with an experienced COD student for a Mentee, to Mentor relationship.
In the Career Professional Mentoring Program, the IEPM student mentor now becomes the mentee and is matched with an alumnus professional. Could that professional, be you?
As a mentor you can play a crucial role in assisting current COD students with meeting their professional goals. A mentor is a guide, motivator, coach, and champion for the student to reach their full potential.
As a mentor you can share the following knowledge to help your mentee:
- Offer Career Guidance
- Ask thoughtful questions
- Help with planning and goal setting
- Share your own career path & experiences
- Provide honest and constructive feedback
- Provide insight on the importance of networking and how to network
Your role as a mentor is not the following:
- Personal counseling (keep it professional)
- Job or Internship Offer
- Meeting in person
- Financial Support
- Monthly Communication via Zoom, phone, Skype, email or any other virtual setting. In-person meeting is currently prohibited.
- November 2020-April 2021
Mentor Information Form
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Please make sure your internet browser is up-to-date. Preferred browsers include Firefox and Chrome. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.