- Students who want to pursue an internship for academic credit need to meet the following
- Be an enrolled College of DuPage student during the term preceding the internship or working toward completion of a College of DuPage degree or certificate.
- Completed 12 credit hours in the noted discipline or a related field of study by the start of the internship term. (Note: credit from other institutions will only be considered if the transcript is submitted to the records office for evaluation).
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Enrollment in academic credit must coincide with the College of DuPage academic calendar and terms. No retroactive credit or hours will be considered.
- Academic credit is earned by completing the required work hours and the academic assignments identified by the faculty advisor.
- The faculty advisor oversees the academic learning throughout the internship.
- All internship positions must meet the College of DuPage Internship Criteria and be approved by the Career Services Center and the appropriate academic department.
- Internship credit is earned by the following work hour calculations:
- 75 work hours + coursework = 1 credit
- 150 work hours + coursework = 2 credits
- 225 work hours + coursework = 3 credits
- 300 work hours + coursework = 4 credits
- Virtual internships (experiences where the intern works in a remote setting not physically located at the company or organization) will not be considered for academic credit.
College of DuPage is committed to supporting academic internship experiences that facilitate learning for students. The College may make adjustments to the noted requirements as deemed necessary.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Phone: (630) 942-2230
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.