Find your special interest while doing something positive for the community with your friends and family.
Local Volunteer Opportunities:
- Kids Against Hunger will host the annual Race to Stop Hunger 5K in Roselle Saturday, August 24. Volunteers are needed to support the race which donates 100% of the proceeds to feed kids. To volunteer, click here.
- DuPage Pads Run 4 Home needs more than 225 volunteers on race day, Saturday, Sept 21. Groups are welcome! Registered volunteers receive continental breakfast, volunteer t-shirt and certificate confirming hours completed. To register, click here.
- The Fox River Trolley Museum has several volunteer opportunities for anyone interested in history, transportation, or railroading. Opportunities of all skill levels are available, including ticket agents, fare collectors, conductors, operators, car maintenance, track work and more. Contact the museum at email@example.com.
- Operation Support Our Troops needs help at Shop and Drop Project locations. Spend an hour or two at a local Jewel store collecting much-needed items to fill comfort packages for troops. To volunteer, contact Betty Krupp.
- Family Shelter Service has immediate openings for hotline assistants to take police calls and complete reports used by their advocated to reach out to victims. Training is provided. To volunteer, email Katie Peterson.
- People's Resource Center needs help filling birthday bags for young clients. Drop off new gifts for kids ages 10 to 12 at the Wheaton or Westmont location. Call (630) 682-5402 for details.
- Stock shelves and assist clients at the HCS Family Services Food Pantry this summer. Contact Nancy Nyheim to sign up.
Please note that COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities hosted by COD Cares and, therefore, are not applicable to the above list.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator