The Up to S.N.O.W. Good winter giving campaign was formed in 2018 to support and raise awareness of the nonprofits that serve our students and residents.
New Long-sleeved Shirts
Those who participate in any of the three Giving Opportunities below will receive an Up to S.N.O.W. Good long-sleeved t-shirt! First availability is at the Opening Ceremony, Tuesday, Nov. 5. Remaining shirts can be claimed on a first-come, first-served basis from the Marketing Department in the newly renovated Institutional Resource Center until Thursday, Dec. 5 and at the "It's a Wrap" Party in SRC 2000 on Friday, Dec. 6.
COD President Brian Caputo and Specialized Testing's Jarret Dyer were Up to S.N.O.W. Good with us!
Tuesday, Nov. 5
2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Student Services Center Atrium
Thanks to everyone who attended and volunteered at the Opening Ceremony. COD Cares kicked off the giving season by celebrating the 25 offices and academic departments- twice as many as last year!- that have pledged to fulfill a local nonprofit's wish list.
A special thanks to President Brian Caputo and Testing Coordinator Jarret Dyer for an enthusiastic presentation.
Competitive personalities took center stage during the Frosty Buckets Relay. Congrats to the "Snow Belles" for a perfect score of 30. The life-sized snow globe provided SNOW much selfie joy! Shout out to Clyde's Donuts in Addison for a donation of 600 "snowballs" (powdered donut holes).
Fulfill a nonprofit agency's wish list with fellow students or office friends.
Thanks to the generosity of COD staff and students, all wish lists have been claimed!
If you are not associated with a group but would like to collect items for an agency listed below, please email CODCares@cod.edu to be connected with the group responsible for the agency in which you have interest.
2019 COMMUNITY SERVICE AGENCIES' WISH LISTS:
- 360 Youth Services (small appliances, home goods)
- Alive Center (art supplies, board games)
- DuPage Care Center (Bingo prizes, lotions, walker caddies)
- DuPage County Animal Services (can't forget about our non-human friends)
- DuPage Pads (winter outerwear for adults)
- DuPage Senior Citizens Council (puzzle books, toiletries, party supplies)
- Family Shelter Service (toys for kids ages 2-15)
- HCS Family Services (senior comfort products)
- Metropolitan Family Services (readers and large print books for seniors)
- Metropolitan Family Services (cologne sets and ear buds for teens)
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans (household items, dishes, towels)
- Naperville Area Humane Society (can't forget our non-human friends)
- People's Resource Center (winter outerwear for school age boys and girls)
- People's Resource Center (toys for kids ages 5-11)
- Phil's Friends (knit caps, lotions, fleece throws)
- Ronald McDonald House (CDH and Edward- toys for kids ages 3-12)
- Sharing Connections (sheet sets, educational toys)
- Teen Parent Connection (toys for 1 month to 5 years)
- World Relief (jumper cables, household items)
- Youth Outlook (games, party supplies)
Take a tag from the melting snowman display in the Student Services Center Atrium while they last.
- Purchase a minimum of $25 worth of suggested gifts to make a child's holiday brighter. Bring unwrapped gifts and the tag to the "It's a Wrap" Party Friday, Dec. 6 or drop them off in the Marketing and Communications office in the Institutional Resource Center by Wednesday, Dec. 4. These gifts will be distributed by Humanitarian Service Project.
- Purchase a minimum $10 Jewel, Target, or Walmart gift card for a local family to use toward a holiday meal or children's gifts. These gift cards will be distributed by Department of Children and Family Services and Bridge Communities.
"It's a Wrap" Party
Friday, Dec. 6
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Student Resource Center, Room 2000
Wrap gifts and create whimsical winter crafts for donation. Then warm up at the Chili Bar! Traditional and vegetarian options will be available.
Those who were unable to participate in Giving Opportunities #1 or #2 can still be Up To S.N.O.W. Good with the activities provided at the "It's a Wrap" Party.
- Make A Special Delivery: Load up the cargo van and deliver presents on Tuesday, Nov. 26. (Email CODCares@cod.edu by Friday, Nov. 22 if interested.)
- Help host the "It's a Wrap" Party on Friday, Dec. 6: Volunteer to facilitate activities (Indicate on RSVP forms linked below if interested.)
IMPORTANT 2019 DATES
- Friday, Nov. 22: RSVP for "It's a Wrap!" Party
- Tuesday, Nov. 26: Special Delivery Day
- Wednesday, Dec. 4: Tagged gifts due to Marketing and Communications in the Institutional Resource Center if not attending "It's a Wrap!" Party
- Friday, Dec. 6: "It's a Wrap!" Party
Up to S.N.O.W. Good participants warmed up the season with their giving spirit in 2018!
- Donated and wrapped more than 350 gifts for 50 children served by Humanitarian Service Project who otherwise may not have gifts to open this holiday season
- Donated more than $1000 in Jewel gift cards for local families to use toward a holiday meal through the Department of Child and Family Services
- With the guidance of Culinary faculty, decorated more than 150 snowflake cookies for seniors through DuPage Care Center
- Created 80 snow globe ornaments for clients of Meals on Wheels
- Wrote nearly 200 holiday notes to local seniors and veterans
- Built and decorated more than 100 edible snowpeople for children served by Humanitarian Service Project
Community Relations Coordinator