COD CARES and NORTHWESTERN MEDICINE
"Roll Up Your Sleeves" Service Day
Thursday, April 23, 2020
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(Optional Lunch and Share at 1 p.m.)
Head to nonprofit locations and complete much-needed tasks such as cleaning, painting, or organizing. Come back to campus and discuss your experiences at the Lunch and Share. (Meal provided)
COD Cares will provide a list of organizations and related tasks, which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More details announced soon.
Registration for teams and individuals will open Monday, March 2. Get your team together now!
HOW THE DAY WILL WORK:
9 a.m.- Check in (Student Services Center Atrium)
9:30 a.m.- Depart campus and learn about the organization's role in the community; receive assignments for the day. Then roll up your sleeves and work, work, work!
1 p.m.- Groups return to campus for the "Lunch and Share" where they will enjoy lunch and inform others of their organization's purpose and service experiences.
2 p.m.- Smile! The community thanks you. Now back to regularly scheduled programming!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Transportation to sites is available and lunch will be provided.
- COD Cares will supply all work materials, transportation, snacks, and bottles of water.
- Prepare to get messy! Dress in old clothes and close-toed shoes that can handle spills.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of people on a team. The more, the merrier!
- Can't be away for half a day? That's ok! There are service opportunities right here on campus.
- Consider helping with facilitation of the event before and/or afterward. Select during registration.
- T-shirts will be provided only to those who did not participate in 2018.
- A maximum of eight compensated service hours may be used for participating in this
event (5 for off-campus work and up to 3 additional for event assistance).
Community Relations Coordinator