Accelerator Cohort Program Overview
Move from being an operator of your business to being the CEO—take your business to the next level.
The Accelerator Cohort Program is based upon business development best practices and
nearly four decades of work by the College of DuPage Center for Entrepreneurship.
Advance from working in your business to working on your business!
Accelerator Cohort Program
- You must be a C-level leader: small business owner or small business co-owner
- Business Criteria – 2+2+2:
- In operation for at least two years
- Revenues at least $200,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- A minimum of two employees. Owner(s) may be included in this count.
- Attend regularly
- Complete 24 learning sessions over 12 weeks
- Participating fully—leave your cell phone at the door
- Create a business growth plan over the course of the program
- Complete an initial assessment and follow-up assessments
Tuesday and Thursday, Feb. 12 to April 30, 2018
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Class will begin with content lectures, move into peer-to-peer structured sessions and finish with customized business coaching from mentors and staff. Out-of-class assignments will be required.
Week 1: Program Orientation—Begin the journey of Acceleration!
Week 2: Leadership
Weeks 3 and 4: Finance
Week 5: Organizational Process Improvement
Week 6: Marketing
Week 7: Sales
Week 8: Human Resources
Week 9: Growth Markets
Week 10: Technology
Week 11: Succession Planning
Week 12: Social Responsibility/Impact
Final evening: Presentations
Present business growth plan to other participants for critical feedback
Additional Business Coaching
The Center for Entrepreneurship and ID mentors are available to provide coaching customized to the participant's business needs, focused on applicable areas such as: legal, marketing, operations, finance and sales. Business advisers may be available outside of program hours.