This course provides students with the necessary information to successfully complete the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Part 107 Exam, also known as the Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate. This certificate, along with completion of proper FAA paperwork, allows students to operate a small unmanned aerial system (sUAS or "drone") for business purposes. Instruction familiarizes students with classroom and aviation standards included in the (FAA) Part 107 Exam. FAA Exam and fee not included. Study guide not included.
One day is a hands-on flying day only.
Required course materials
The following course materials are not included in the fee. Purchase either the print or electronic version prior to course.
- Print version: Remote Pilot Test Prep 2023- UAS: Study and Prepare
ASA Test Prep Board, Aviation Supplies and Academics, Incorporated
- Electronic option: ASA Test Prep 2023: Remote Pilot (eBook PD)
- Understand small Unmanned Aerial Systems, missions and capabilities, including fixed wing vs. rotary aircraft, controller interfaces, navigation and positioning methods, and sUAS mission examples
- Understand sUAS Airspace classification, operating requirements and flight restrictions
- Gain knowledge of Small Unmanned Aircraft loading, sensors and emergency procedures
- Understand applicable sUAS aviation weather sources
- Demonstrate knowledge of sUAS crew resource management, radio communications and airport operation as they apply to sUAS
- Understand physiological factors affecting sUAS pilot performance
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate aeronautical decision-making and judgment
- Understand of maintenance and preflight inspection procedures on sUAS
Check back for future dates
If you are self-paying for an HSTI class, call Continuing Education to register at (630) 942-2208.
If your department is paying for you: