This program prepares officers to assume the critical role of Field Training Officer within their departments.
Participants must bring a lap-top computer or tablet capable of connecting to the Internet and are able to access Zoom. The participant's e-device must have a PDF reader (Adobe Reader recommended). All course materials are provided through Google Drive.
This course has been certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and is not reimbursable by the ILETSB.
- The police image
- The Field Trainer's role and responsibility
- Principles of adult learning and coaching
Methods of providing effective feedback
- Overriding the probationary officer's decisions
- Sexual harassment/hostile working environment
- The evaluation process
- Job status review and recommendation
- Probationary officer training manuals
Date & Time
Monday to Friday, Dec. 14 to 18, 2020
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Online via Zoom