First Responder Wellness & Crisis Intervention Conference
Tuesday and Wednesday, January 14 and 15, 2020
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SSG Miller Homeland Security Education Center (HEC)
Tuesday Keynote Speaker
Bob Bemis USMC veteran and ret. PA State Police Sgt.
The Wounded Blue Foundation Presents Walking with the Wounded
Sgt. Bemis shares his story of being severely injured in the line-of-duty and
raising awareness to the impact of leadership decisions, agency policy and
existing laws which affect the well-being of officers severely injured while
actively employed. He is the author of Forged in Scars & Stripes: A
Troopers Victory Over Critical Injury.
Wednesday Plenary Speakers in the Afternoon
Ofc. Anthony Espada - ret. Cleveland PD
Sponsored by Calibre Press
Presenting: Navigating the Mental Firestorms Evil Launched at Me.
Ofc. Espada shares his account of responding to the house in Cleveland
Ohio where 3 girls and one of their children were held captive and raped
by Ariel Castro.
Thomas Brady - Director of HSTI and ret. US Postal Inspector
A lead executive on the Anthrax terrorism investigation in Washington, Tom
then became the lead on the Rod Blagojevich Investigation and later the
Assoc. Dean at the College of DuPage. He speaks about the horrific
obstacles life has thrown at him and how he fought to overcome them by
following 3 rules. A compelling story of tragedy and triumph!
Welcoming Chief Neil Gang from Poline PD in C.A. & Ret. Lt. Shannon King of the California
Highway Patrol flying in to present as well as so many other local presenters!
Attendees can choose from multiple training seminars:BREAKOUT SESSIONS OVER THE 2-DAY CONFERENCE (TITLES SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Asher Model: 7 Steps to Creating a Culture of Wellness
- Yoga For First Responders
- Correctional Officer Wellness
- Hormonal Imbalances
- I kept Silent Cause My Dad Was a Cop
- Autism and L.E. Why it Matters
- Improv-Laughing is healthy
- The Vaping Crisis
- How to Let Shit Go: Leave Stress Behind and focus on What Keeps You Sane
- Effects of Cumulative Trauma and Suicide
- Not on My Watch
- Be Tactical Fitness
- CIT for Telecommunicators
- Emotional Wellness
- Increasing Resilience through Integration
- Building Organizational Wellness Programs
- Stress Management and Balancing Your Physiology
- Clear & Present Danger/FOID/CCL
- Identify and release Your Triggers
- The Art of Meditation
- The Brain Gym
- and more!
To Register: Contact Cathy Russo at (630) 942-2183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org