The ultimate goal of this course is to reduce fatal and severe injury crashes on Illinois’ roadway. This goal will be accomplished by training law enforcement officers on the importance of their collection of crash data. Students will have a better understanding of the analysis of the data and how it’s used in terms of roadway safety and enforcement tactics. Students will be encouraged to develop partnerships and contact other road safety stakeholders outside of law enforcement when road safety issues arise. Through improved data quality and accurate data submission roadway safety problems can be diagnosed and appropriate countermeasures identified and applied, which in turn should lead to a reduction in deaths and serious injuries on Illinois’ roadways.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the importance of crash data collection and analysis
- Learn how to accurately collect crash data through proper crash investigation methodology and the SR 1050 Crash Report
- Familiarize students with tools to assess traffic patterns and crash data
- Apply Analytical skills to improve road safety through the use of crash data
- Use data to enhance enforcement tactics by developing communication strategies to address traffic-related citizen complains
Date and Time
Monday, Oct. 3, 2022
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Homeland Security Training Center (HTC)