Assist students, faculty and community members (in person and on the phone) with information regarding Testing Center programs and services. Provide ongoing support for group tests and individual specialized tests.
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
*1. Respond to inquiries from students and community members seeking information about testing services and other college resources via phone, voicemail, email and walk-ins.
*2. Input test scores into student record system as needed.
*3. Process paperwork and collect fees for all tests.
*4. Administer CLEP and DSST tests. Assist with other test administrations as needed.
*5. Process refunds to students for test cancellations.
*6. Process (settle) credit card machine data for Accounts Receivable as needed.
*7. Prepare various reports and forms.
*8. Maintain receipts and security of fees collected, direct monies to appropriate budget accounts, hand deliver cash and checks to Finance Office.
*9. Provide ongoing support for Group tests administered by the Testing Center.
*10. Serve as contact for Proctoring Services offered to other educational institutions and certification agencies. Process incoming/outgoing proctor exams.
11. Schedule appointments for individual students and community members to take specialized tests.
*12. Give instructions to individuals referred by counselors taking Interest Inventories. Process Career Interest Inventories, maintain database of students, and deliver to counselors.
13. Process off-campus placement (reading, writing and math) tests by checking student records and inputting individual student scores when necessary.
14. Process ACT CD-ROM. Input individual ACT scores in Colleague.
*15. Inform students of equivalent COD course credit earned based on student score report for Advanced Placement and CLEP tests.
16. Process score transfer test results to other institutions as needed.
*17. Set-up remote COMPASS placement testing for distance students.
18. Maintain active Test of English as a Foreign Language records in order to answer questions for staff and students.
19. Process all incoming and outgoing mail.
20. Assist Testing Office Supervisor with special projects.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Testing Office Supervisor
Exercised by Employee:
High School diploma with one high school course each in typing, office practice, business English and business math.
Some college or secretarial school.
One (1) year experience in office work involving skilled typing and working with the public.
Experience using word processing programs and working in a service-oriented setting. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer, printer, copier, fax machine, Scantron scoring machine, calculator, credit card machine and multi-line telephones.
General office environment.