Areas of Research Interest:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mass Communication
Recent Courses Taught:
- SPEECH 1100
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Mills, C.B. & Poston, M. (2009). Disability as form of diversity: Lessons from Murderball. Communication Teacher, 23, 87-92
- Poston, M. (2009, November) The Role of Peer and Family in the Decision to Vaccinate against the Human Papillomavirus: Stable Communication, Changing Demographics. National Communication Association, Chicago, IL.
- Poston, M. & Riffe, N. (2009, April) Understanding The Closer: Stereotyped Portrayals and Police Detectives. Popular Culture Association Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Poston, M. (2007, April) Gay and Lesbian Families in the Media. Panel session at the Southern States Communication Association conference, Savannah, GA.
- BS in Communication Studies at Illinois State University
- MA in Communication Studies at the University of Alabama
- PhD in Mass Communication and Information Sciences at the University of Alabama