Applying for financial assistance can be an overwhelming process. Before you begin students do need to meet some Basic Eligibility Requirements as far as citizenship, selective service, High School and GED information. Students must also be enrolled in an eligible degree/certificate program at College of DuPage.
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID, FSA ID.
- (If you are a dependent student - for financial aid purposes - one parent will also need to apply for a FSA ID)
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. A FSA ID is required to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Our school code is 006656
- Ideally, you should file your FAFSA as soon after October 1 as possible
- Complete your College of DuPage Admissions Application
- After submitting your FAFSA, provided you have completed your Admissions Application, we will receive your FAFSA results electronically in about 3 to 4 business days.
- Once your results have been received we will contact you directly through your COD
email address. Based on your results, you may be required to submit additional verification documents.
- If you were not aware you had a COD email address, read more on how to access your COD email.
- Any verification documents requested will be updated in your Financial Self Service.
- To access the required verification documents:
1) Log into inside.cod.edu
2) Click on myACCESS for Students
3) Click on Financial Aid
4) Click on Financial Aid Self Service
5) Select the correct school year
6) Under Checklist, click on “Complete Required Documents”
- NOTE: All communication will be via your COD email address. It is your responsibility to check your COD email address regularly.
- Submit all requested verification documents to our office in a timely manner. Delays in submitting your verification documents may delay the processing of your award letter.
- Once all documents have been processed and reviewed by our office, you will receive another email - via your COD email address - notifying you of your offer letter. The normal processing time is about 2 to 3 weeks. The processing time may be longer during peak times.
- Your offer letter will be updated in your Financial Aid Self Service. Your offer letter will notify you of the types of financial aid you are eligible to receive.
Financial Aid Tips
- Be sure you are checking your COD email and Financial Aid Self Service regularly.
- When applying for scholarships, each scholarship will provide you with a list of eligibility requirements for that specific scholarship.
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220
Fax: (630) 942-2151
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.