College of DuPage continues to make safety a top priority. In following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations and the Governor’s Executive Order, all higher education students must have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by September 19, 2021.
Higher Education Personnel and Higher Education Students must have, at a minimum, the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine within 10 days after issuance of this Executive Order, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within 30 days following administration of their first dose in a two-dose vaccination series. Any Higher Education students who have not established that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 must be tested consistent with testing protocols.
Students may be exempt from the requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if
- vaccination is medically contraindicated, including any student who is entitled to an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or any other law applicable to a disability-related reasonable accommodation, or
- vaccination would require the student to violate or forgo a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Students who demonstrate they are exempt from the vaccination requirement shall undergo, at a minimum, weekly testing.
If you are not able to comply with the vaccination requirement and require an accommodation due to a medical and/or a sincerely held religious belief, please follow the steps detailed below:
- A student must determine if they are not able to comply with the vaccine requirement due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. A form must be completed separately for either. The forms can be found in the myACCESS Student Menu under Student Forms (under the Miscellaneous header).
- If you are a student who is requesting an accommodation under the ADA or because vaccination is medically contraindicated, please complete the form Vaccination Exemption Request Form – Student’s Own Health Condition Accommodation. The form must be completed in its entirety and the medical certification by a licensed physician should be included. If you are a student who is requesting an accommodation due to sincerely held beliefs, practices, or observances, please complete the Vaccination Exemption Request Form - Religious Accommodation. The request form must be completed in its entirety. An affidavit from your Religious Leader may be required after your completed submission.
Incomplete request forms will not be processed and will be returned to the sender.
- Completed request forms should be submitted via email to COVIDexempt@cod.edu.
- All completed requests will be reviewed by the Dean of Student Affairs Office and a determination will be issued within 10 business days of submission. If the Dean of Student Affairs Office is unable to make a determination within 10 business days, a member of the Dean of Student Affairs team will contact the student to provide an update and new approximate date of final
- Once a determination has been made on a completed request, the student will receive confirmation of the approval and/or determination.
- If a student is granted an exemption, mitigation procedures which may include but are not limited to, participating in weekly COVID -19 testing, will be required. The student will receive instructions to comply with the requirement. The Dean of Student Affairs will receive a notification of students that are required to submit to weekly testing. Please note that requests may be re-evaluated at any time.
- Should you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Dean of Student Affairs Office at COVIDexempt@cod.edu.