Application for Admission Procedures
Getting Started at College of DuPage
For most prospective students, applying for admission to the college's credit programs is an easy 2-step process. Start by creating a site account and choosing a username and password. From there, proceed to the online admission form.
Returning students needn't reapply for admission. You're a "returning student" if you've taken even a single credit class at College of DuPage anytime in the past. If you have taken only non-credit classes, you are required to complete an admission form. If you have questions, call Campus Central at (630) 942-2380 and they can help you with your next step.
If you are applying for entry into a health career program you'll need to complete a few extra steps, including the completion of a Health Sciences Admission Packet after you have completed your online application. Many programs within the Health Sciences require specific academic prerequisites. Learn more about applying for admission to a health care program.
Those Eligible for Admission
College of DuPage maintains an open enrollment policy. To attend, you must be ONE of the following:
- 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
- A GED Completer
If you are under the age of 18, you may be considered as an Early Admission Student.
In addition, COD offers a variety of Continuing Education and non-credit courses for students of all ages, from youths to seniors. These programs do not require the completion of an admissions form.
Payment of a $20 non-refundable Admissions recording fee must be paid at the time of application. Online applications must be accompanied by online payment. Payment must be made or your application will not be considered as completed.
As stated, those applying to a health care program are required to submit a Health Sciences application in addition to the admissions application. There is a $50 fee for this application.
Ready to Begin?
- Create an account: Tell us a little about yourself and your interests, and we'll show you what we have to offer.
- Apply: Submit an Admission form online.
- Take any required placement tests:The Testing Center Tests in reading (comprehension), writing (sentence structure and grammar) and/or math must be completed prior to registering for classes.
- Seek New Student Advising:New Student Information Advising can provide a variety of services and can help you choose your first term classes.
- Verify prerequisites: Proof of Prerequisite If you've taken the prerequisite course at another college of university, contact the Office of Student Records to review options for submitting the necessary proof.
- Register for your classes: Register online You will receive a letter approximately two weeks prior to the start of new student registration indicating the earliest date and time you'll be eligible to register for classes. This is based upon when College of DuPage receives your Admission Form.
If you have any questions about the application process, contact an admission representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 942-2380.
Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures
The College will not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, citizenship status, use of lawful products while not at work, physical or mental handicap or disability.
Admissions and Outreach
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207, (630) 942-2380
(through Friday, Aug. 12)
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday through Sunday: closed
Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221, (630) 942-2377
For individuals who need language assistance, please contact Campus Central at (630) 942-3000.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage